A visiting scholar is someone who is engaged in scholarly, educational or scientific research in affiliation with Texas A&M University.
We may provide remote access to our resources to such researchers if they provide us with:
- A copy of their appointment letter or
- A letter addressed to Paula Sullenger, Associate Dean for Information Resources Services, on departmental letterhead and signed by the head of the department, that states the specific nature of their work, the names of the professors with whom they will be working, their NetID(s), as well as the length of time required. They may:
- scan the letter and email it to Zao Liu at email@example.com
- fax a copy of the letter to the attention of Zao Liu at (979) 458-1630, or
- mail the letter through campus mail to Zao Liu at Evans Library, Mailstop 5000.
We will also accept an email from the department head or a designated representative that includes the information above.
Here is an example of a letter that we would accept from a visiting scholar:
Associate Dean for Information Resources Services
Texas A&M University - Evans Library
College Station, TX 77843
Dear Ms. Sullenger,
[Name of visiting scholar] is a Visiting Scholar in [name of hosting department]. S/he will be working with [name(s) of professors] on [nature of work]. His/her appointment will end [date]. His/her NetID is [NetID].
If you have any questions, please contact me.
[Name of department head or other authorized representative]