Gilmerton Bridge Float-In
Virginia DOT project. During the lift span float-in operation, the 250-foot, 2,400-ton pre-assembled trestle of structural steel is transported from an onshore site at W-3 Marine in Norfolk, Va. via a 101-foot-long, 1,460-ton barge through the Eastern and Southern branches of the Elizabeth River to the Gilmerton Bridge site. See more photos.
Hello from Sandy Tucker
I'm your subject librarian for transportation. This guide is intended to help you get started with your research; note the additional tabs across the top. Please contact me for help with specific questions.
- Texas Transportation Institute
- Center for Transportation Safety
- International Center for Aggregates Research
- National Work Zone Safety Information Clearinghouse
- Southwest Region University Transportation Center
- Teens in the Driver Seat
- TMIP Travel Model Improvement Program
- University Transportation Center for Mobility