Email Margaret Foster to request an invidual or group consultation or to request a class, workshop, or webinar
Since 2012 the Center for Systematic Reviews has:
- provided over 1000 consultations
- offered over 50 presentations, webinars, and workshops- UPCOMING CLASSES MAY-AUGUST
- supported dozens of completed theses, dissertations, and publications
- trained over 200 medical librarians
RIGOR is a MS Excel spreadsheet designed to help you document and record methods of the review for reporting, especially useful for PRISMA flowchart.
It has been updated to be quicker and more simplified.
- AHRQ: Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality Evidence-based reports (EPC)
- Centre for Reviews and Dissemination: includes DARE, NHS EED, and HTA databases
- Cochrane Library: systematic reviews from the Cochrane Collaboration
- JBI EBP Database: Joanna Briggs Institute Evidence-based Practice
- Nutrition Evidence Library: reviews from USDA
- PubMed Health: systematic reviews from 2000-current
- TRIP database: Turning Research Into Practice
- What Works Clearinghouse: reviews from Institute of Education Sciences
- More databases
The Center for Systematic Reviews support the needs of researchers conducting systematic reviews and meta-analysis.
Who can use the service?
Any Texas A&M University or Texas A&M Health Science Center affiliate can use the service including students, staff, and faculty.
What resources & services are offered?
- Consultations: meet with librarian to discuss review
- Training: classes, workshops, and webinars
- Support with software such as:
- Joanna Briggs Institute tools, such as SUMARI
- Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality (AHRQ) Systematic Review Data Repository
- Rogers, C., Goodson, P., and Foster, M. “Factors Associated with Colorectal Cancer Screening among Young African American Men: A Systematic Review.” Journal of Health Disparities Research and Practice accepted Dec 2, 2014
- Borrego, M., Froyd, J., and Foster, M. “What is the State of the Art of Systematic Review in Engineering Education?” Journal of Engineering Education, accepted Dec 27, 2014
- Foster, M. (2013). Introduction to Systematic Reviews for Healthcare Design. Healthcare Environments Research and Design Journal. to be published November 2013 (Special Issue)
- Diep, C. S., Foster, M., McKyer, E. L. J., Goodson, P., Guidry, J. J., & Liew, J. (2013). What are Asian-American youth consuming? A systematic literature review. Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health. Advance online publication. doi: 10.1007/s10903-013-9905-6
- Borrego, M., Froyd, J., and Foster, M. Systematic Literature Reviews in Engineering Education and Other Developing Interdisciplinary Fields.Journal of Engineering Education (accepted August 23, 2013)
- Shim, M., Gimeno, D., Pruitt, S.; McLeod, C., Foster, M. J., and Amick III, B (2013). “A systematic review of retirement as a risk factor for mortality”. Applied Demography and Public Health. Volume 3. Ed. Hoque, N. 3: 277-309. doi 10.1007/978-94-007-6140-7_17
In-class presentations: In-class sessions are available for courses. The presentation can be customized to match the needs of the curriculum
Workgroups: Groups such as labs or research teams can request training for specific research projects. Training will be customized for the needs of the project.