Margaret J. Foster
Medical Sciences Library Room 171
- Last Updated Aug 12, 2014
- Last Updated Jan 16, 2017
This page provides access and support for RefWorks, a tool for collecting, accessing, organizing, citing, and sharing research citations.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Foster, Margaret J. (2015) “A Guide to Searching Pubmed (And Other Free Databases) for Health Facilities Design Research” HERD Volume 9: 1. Qualified for continuing education credits for Evidence-Based Design Accreditation and Certification (EDAC) and American Institute of Architects (AIA)
Murphy, C. P., Fajt, V. R., Scott, H. M., Foster, M. J., Wickwire, P., & McEwen, S. A. (2015) Scoping review to identify potential non-antimicrobial interventions to mitigate antimicrobial resistance in commensal enteric bacteria in North American cattle production systems. Epidemiology & Infection, PMID: 25904121 doi:10.1017/S0950268815000722
- Lide, B., Lindsley, W., Foster, M. J., Hale, R., and Haeri, S. Intrahepatic Persistent Right Umbilical Vein and Associated Outcomes: A Systematic Review of the Literature. Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine. Accepted 4/27/2015 “in press” to be published in 8-9 months
- Froyd, J., Martin, J., Borrego, M., Choe, H. S., Foster, M. J., and Chen, X. “What Have We Learned from a Systematic Review of Literature on Hispanic Transfer Students in Engineering?” 122nd ASEE Annual Conference. Seattle, Washington. http://www.asee.org/public/conferences/56/papers/11420/view
- Foster, M., Shurtz, S. and Smith, M. (2014) Translating Research Into Practice: Criteria for Applying Literature Search Results to Your Work Health Promotion Practice 15 (2): 157-160. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/1524839913511628
- Foster, M., Shurtz, S., and Pepper, C. (2014) Evaluation of best practices in the design of online evidence-based practice instructional modules. JMLA: Journal of the Medical Library Association 102(1):32-41. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3163/1536-5050.102.1.007
- Diep, C. S., Foster, M., McKyer, E. L. J., Goodson, P., Guidry, J. J., & Liew, J. What are Asian-American youth consuming? A systematic literature review. Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health. Advance online publication. doi: 10.1007/s10903-013-9905-6. PMID 23996643
- Foster, M. (2013). Introduction to Systematic Reviews for Healthcare Design. Healthcare Environments Research and Design Journal. 7(1):143-154.
- Pepper, C., Carrigan, E., Shurtz, S., and Foster, M. Exploring Librarian Roles in Support of One Health: A Case Study. Journal of Agricultural and Food Information. accepted for publication July 18, 2013
- Borrego, M., Froyd, J., and Foster, M. (2014) Systematic Literature Reviews in Engineering Education and Other Developing Interdisciplinary Fields. Journal of Engineering Education 103(1): 45-76. DOI: 10.1002/jee.20038
- Foster, M. and Shurtz S. (2013) Making the CASE for EBM: Critical Appraisal of Summaries of Evidence JMLA: Journal of the Medical Library Association 101(3) 192-198.
- Shim, M., Gimeno, D., Pruitt, S.; McLeod, C., Foster, M. J., and Amick III, B. “A systematic review of retirement as a risk factor for mortality”. Applied Demography and Public Health. Ed. Hoque, N. Springer, 3: 277-309.
- Shurtz S and Foster M. (2011) Developing and using a rubric for evaluating evidence-based medicine point-of-care tools Journal of the Medical Library Association 99 (3):247-254.
- Stephens J, Sare L, Kimball R, Foster M, & Kitchens J. (2011) Tenure support mechanisms provided by the Faculty Research Committee at Texas A&M University Libraries: A model for academic libraries Library Management 32(8): 531-539.
- van Duinkerken W, Coker C, and Anderson, M. (2010) Looking like everyone else: Academic portfolios for librarians Journal of Academic Librarianship 36(2):166-172.
- Yoshii A, Plaut DA, McGraw KA, Anderson MJ, and Wellik KE. (2009) Analysis of the reporting of search strategies in Cochrane systematic reviews Journal of the Medical Library Association 97(1):1-21.
- Anderson M and Olmstadt W. (2003) Providing systematic training for patient support groups Journal of Hospital Librarianship 3(3):13-23.