Howdy! to INFORMS Library Workshop
The purpose of this workshop is to help graduate students conduct an effective literature reivew. The workshop was conducted in partnership with two Evans Reference librarians (Jane Stephens & Pat Alford) and the TAMU INFORMS chapter. This guide covers and expands upon the material presented in the workshop. See the two PowerPoint presentations below; also see the Industrial & Systems Engineering subject guide for more information resources.
Student should be able to:
- Identify appropriate resources for topics of interest including where to search for specific types of material such as conference proceedings, government documents, data, journal articles, standards, handbook information, and technical reports.
- Understand the differences between available databases
- Use efficient search strategies
- Manage references identified and be able to learn how to cite properly
Before You Begin:
- Review your library accounts and services, how to get remote access to resources, and how to get help.
How to Conduct an Effective Graduate-Level Literature Review
Science and Engineering Librarian