Find Us Online
Top Ten Things for students to Know about the Libraries
- Get it for me
- Chat with us 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Annex Hours 24/5
- Google Scholar with links to our licensed content
- Tutorials on academic integrity
- Reserve a group study room
- Suggest a Purchase (includes textbooks)
- Subject Librarians
- Mobile Resources
- Media and Reserves for films and multimedia equipment
The purpose of this workshop is to familiarize engineering transfer students with library resources and services.
Before You Begin:
- Review your library accounts and services, how to get remote access to resources, and how to get help.
Overview of the Information-Gathering Process
Overview of the Process:
- Access resources (even Google Scholar) from library web site! (necessary to link to TAMU-licensed full text)
- Choose a search engine or database (see Research Subject/Class Guides for recommendations - Here's How Video)
- Search / refine your search; save your search strategy or set up search alerts if important
- Mark and save your citations to personalized database account, and/or email, download, or export citations to a citation manager such as EndNote, RefWorks, or Zotero, etc.
- Use Find Text@TAMU text retrieval options, Get It for Me service when item is not online full-text
- Use citation manager program to:
- organize and annotate and / or tag your references
- store PDFs, images, etc.
- share folders of citations with work group
- create stand-alone bibliographies
- format manuscript with in-text citations and bibliographies (integrated with your word processing software)