What is the Edible Book Festival?
On April 1st, bibliophiles, book artists, and food lovers around the world gather to celebrate the book arts and the (literal!) ingestion of culture. Participants create an "edible book," which is an edible, culinary interpretation of any book, literary pun, book character, or plot. Photographs of all edible books will appear in the Edible Book Festival photo gallery.
Edible Books Festival is open to all faculty, staff, students and the community-at-large.
2015 Award Categories and Prizes
A panel of celebrity judges will select winners for 7 categories. Winners will receive a $100 gift card to Barnes & Noble.
- Best Construction
- Best Children’s Entry (13 and under)
- Best Staff Entry
- Best TAMU Student Entry
- People’s Choice
Grand prize for Best in Show will receive $150 Barnes & Noble gift card.
1st Floor, Evans Library
Johnette and Elwyn Bass Library Commons
Schedule of Events for April 1st, 2015
- All creations must be made of "edible" materials. No metal, cardboard, plastic, etc.
- Entries must be inspired by a book, literary figure, or book character.
- Edible books will not be refrigerated. Creations must survive at room temperature.
- All entries will be photographed and added to our Edible Book Festival Gallery.
- The University Libraries reserves the right to reject any entry that is unsuitable for the festival. (Please do not submit entries in poor taste).
- All entries not picked up by 4 pm will be disposed of by the University Libraries.