Getting Started with Collection Evaluation
Click the link below to view a video that will help you get started using WorldShare Analytics Collection Evaluation. (5:37)
What Is WorldShare Analytics Collection Evaluation?
WorldShare Analytics Collection Evaluation is a web-based service that assists librarians in selecting, weeding, and benchmarking collections.
Collection Evaluation provides quick acces to information about local library collections, including comparisons to other individual, peer group and benchmark library groups.
Data is updated weekly.
Five Reasons Why You Should Use Collection Evaluation
1. Analyze collection strengths and weaknesses
2. Compare collections in your subject areas to collections held by peer institutions
3. Compare collections against predefined groups (i.e. Top 20 ARL Libraries)
4. Compare collections to authoritative lists (i.e., Library Journal, Books for College Libraries, Outstanding Academic Titles, Booklist, etc.)
5. Create deselection candidate lists