Facilities and Services
Welcome to the Texas A&M University Libraries in College Station, Texas. We're ready to serve you with online access 24/7. As the hub of the academic universe at Texas A&M, we provide resources locally and globally.
Our five campus libraries and the Digital Library offer you the best in general and special collections with over 400,000 e-books, as well as digitized theses and dissertations. Distinguished research collections such as the Colonial Mexican Imprint and the Dawson French Collections attract scholars and students alike to the Cushing Memorial Library and Archives.
- Has approximately 4 million volumes, with 400,000 e-books
- Ranks 2nd in nation for electronic serials expenditures*
- Ranks 13th among academic libraries in U.S. public institutions*
- Spent $32.6 million in total library expenditures in 2008*
(* According to Association of Research Libraries (ARL) statistics)
- General assistance and special expertise in library research
- Answering basic questions
- Check out books [ undergrad 100 books 4 month; gradute "as needed" 4months; faculty "as needed" upto 1yr. Details]
- Check out Laptops [4 hours] | For equipment checkout see the Library Annex section.
- Study Rooms [ Individuals may check out a key for an individual room; Group Rooms can be reserved for a maximum of four (4) hours per day] Evans Group Study Rooms; Annex Group Study Room
- Library PCs [same setup as tamu lab pcs]
- Scanners [Advanced scanners on 1st and 3rd floor; also some personal use scanners attahced to PCs]
- Staffed by subject librians, asnwering research questions.
- Subject Librarians - Sociology | Other subject librarians (history, anthropology, philosophy ...)
Additional features of the Evans Library and Library Annex include:
Wireless Internet access for laptop users (Laptop computers can be checked out at the circulation desk for in library use.)
Poor Yorick's Coffee House on the Evans Library concourse for quick meals and snacks
- Microfiche Collections (2nd floor)
- MAP/GIS (2nd floor)
- University Writing Center for student writing assistance.
- LIBRARY ANNEX
The Library Annex is open 24/5 with extensive spaces for general and group study throughout the building. It also houses Media and Reserves with access to movies, CDs, multimedia equipment, and a presentation practice room.
- Website - library.tamu.edu [books, journals, research guides, research collections ...]
- Get It For Me! formerly know as deliverEdocs, is a free service provided by TAMU Libraries to TAMU academic community. It includes Document Delivery (getting copies of stuff we have in print only) and Interlibrary Loan (borrowing items we don't have from other libraries.)
- Chat with Us! Chatting with a librarian online. Hours: Monday - Thursday 10:00 am - 10:00 pm
- Subject Guides and Class Guides
- Suggest a purchase