How to get EndNote
The Library in partnership with the CIS and the Office of Graduate Studies has made Endnote available for free through a campus-wide site license. All A&M students, faculty, staff, and departments can order the software from https://software.tamu.edu. A link to download the software will be sent to your email account approximately one hour after your order is placed.
Chat With Us
On campus EndNote training is listed further down in the left column!
EndNote 17 (X7) for the PC and the Mac are now available at the A&M SELL.
PC Magazine review "EndNote X6 (for Mac)"
There is now an EndNote app for the iPad. It is not included in the site license and costs $3.99 on iTunes. EndNote video | purchase at iTunes. My brief view of the app showed references in the "edit" view, not preview; could view pdf's, could not cite from the iPad; was told that you can copy a reference in only one general citation style; will sync references between EndNote Web and the iPad.
What EndNote Does
Basic. EndNote lets you store references to articles and books and to automatically cite them in one of over 5,000 citation styles such as MLA or APA. The majority of library databases allow you to export references to your EndNote library. You can also type references directly into your EndNote library. Then you can automatically add those citations in Microsoft Word, Apple Pages '09, or OpenOffice.org Writer 3. Intermediate. You can also link pdf's or Word documents to the references, configure EndNote to search the A&M library's subscriptions for full text of journal articles, create groups of references, and do some other customizations. Advanced. You can edit or create new output styles, add custom data fields to references (such as population of a study), and change what fields display in the main library window.
- the most complete information in this guide is on the Class Resources tab
- configure Find Full Text search
- search databases from web browser interface and either 1) direct export or 2) save and import references
- configure Internet Explorer to use Search Now (or use Firefox)
- contact the library if you need assistance
- change the CAB Import filter
- How to
- Open EndNote
- Click Edit > Import Filters > Open Filter Manager
- Find CAB Abstracts (OvidSP) or CAB Abstracts (SP) on the list
- Click to highlight and then click Edit
- The filter will open in a new window
- Find and click Reference Type on the left side navigation
- Change Default Reference Type to Journal Article.
- Close and save when prompted.
- *be sure to remove the word copy at the end of the filter file name