This page provides access and support for RefWorks, a tool for collecting, accessing, organizing, citing, and sharing research citations.
Refworks allows users to continue access even after leaving TAMU. Access is also extended to TAMU almuni.
1) Go to http://www.refworks.com
2) Click on Login tab
Please contact Margaret Foster at email@example.com with questions.
RefWorks is a web based tool for collecting, accessing, organizing, citing, and sharing citations including articles, books, websites, and more.
|Step 1. Create an account: Fill out form, selecting your own username and password
Step 2. Learn the basics: Print Handout on RefWorks (includes RefGrabIt and Write N Cite) OR watch videos
Step 3. Add citations:Add from variety of sources (many are covered in handout)
- Add from: Compendex, Ebsco, JSTOR, Lexis Nexis, Ovid, Proquest, Pubmed, ScienceDirect, Web of Science
- Add from Articles search on Library Homepage
- Add from Endnote, another TAMU RefWorks account, another university RefWorks account
- Add using RefGrabIt, a tool for adding websites Pubmed articles, & more
Step 4. Managing Citations: organizing citations by folder, removing duplicates, adding PDF's, and more
Step 5. Create bibliographies: RefWorks helps you create bibliographies in 3 ways- quick list, Using Write-N-Cite in MS Word (PC or Mac), or using any word processor such as open office (handout)
Advanced Techniques: sharing citations, adding PDF's, customizing, sending citations to MS Excel, and more
Upcoming Online Classes
Chat is offline.