Chat With Us
Regular Chat Hours
|Mon - Thu
||10:00 am - 10:00 pm|
||10:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Sat||2:00 pm - 6:00 pm|
|Sun||2:00 pm - 10:00 pm|
Welcome to the Communications & Journalism Subject Guide. Use the tabs above to navigate the guide. Specialized sources of information are found under the "More..." tab. Please do not hesitate to email Stephen Bales at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need help locating information
- Academic Search Complete : All purpose article database containing both scholarly and popular material.
- Communication Source : This database combines two EBSCO databases, Communication and Mass Media Complete and Communication Abstracts, to provide access to over 500 core journals in all areas of communication and journalism.
- Communication Studies: A SAGE Full-Text Collection
- JSTOR : Archive of historically important academic journals in science, social science, and humanities. Many articles are full-text.
- Social Sciences Citation Index : Covers all areas of social science.
- Sociological Abstracts : Contains abstracts from sociology and related disciplines.
Selected Print Reference Sources
- ABC-CLIO Companion to the Media in America : Provides essays on American media and biographical sketches.
- Dictionary of Media and Communication Studies : Provides concise entries on media and comm studies topics. Includes a topics guide summarizing areas of research.
- Encyclopedia of International Media and Communications : 219 articles focusing on world media. Each article contains a glossary and bibliography.
- International Encyclopedia of Communications : 569 signed articles covering the gamut of communications disciplines. Includes over 1000 illustrations.
- Law of Mass Communications : A standard text covering the history and major issues in mass communication law, including libel, freedom of speech, and obscenity.
- More specialized print reference sources