This page provides access and support for RefWorks, a tool for collecting, accessing, organizing, citing, and sharing research citations.
Last Updated: Feb 27, 2013
Refworks allows users to continue access even after leaving TAMU. Access is also extended to TAMU almuni.
1) Go to http://www.refworks.com
2) Click on Login tab
Please contact Margaret Foster at email@example.com with questions.
RefWorks is a web based tool for collecting, accessing, organizing, citing, and sharing citations including articles, books, websites, and more.
|Step 1. Create an account: Fill out form, selecting your own username and password
Step 2. Learn the basics: Print Handout, watch videos
Step 3. Add citations:Add from variety of sources (see more)
- Add from: Compendex, Ebsco, JSTOR, Lexis Nexis, Ovid, Proquest, Pubmed, ScienceDirect, Web of Science, WorldCat
- Add from Articles search on Library Homepage
- Add from Endnote, another TAMU RefWorks account, another university RefWorks account
- Add using RefGrabIt, a tool for adding websites Pubmed articles, & more
Step 4. Managing Citations: organizing citations by folder, removing duplicates, adding PDF's, and more
Step 5. Create bibliographies: RefWorks helps you create bibliographies in 3 ways- quick list, Using Write-N-Cite in MS Word (PC or Mac), or using any word processor such as open office (handout)
Advanced Techniques: sharing citations, adding PDF's, customizing, sending citations to MS Excel, and more
Upcoming Online Classes
Chat is offline.
Regular Chat Hours
|Mon - Thu
||10 am - 10 pm
||10 am - 6 pm
||2 pm - 6 pm
||2 pm - 10 pm