Finding Articles: Primary Databases
Primary article databases for Mechanical Engineering
- Academic Search Complete from Ebsco is a general database covering all fields. ASC is a good place to start for most projects and is especially good for interdisciplinary topics, like the social aspects of technology.
- Google Scholar. Proxied link for TAMU access.
- Scopus. Multidisciplinary science database.
- Web of Science covers journals in the sciences and engineering, mostly in English.
- Mechanical & Transportation Engineering Abstracts (CSA).
- CSA Technology Research Database covers all fields of engineering.
- Compendex covers for engineering of all types. It has the best coverage of the conference literature.
TAMU Mechanical Engineering Publishes Open Access Journal
The International Journal of Structural Changes in Solids is a peer-reviewed open-access electronic journal published by Dr. Arun Srinivasan of the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Texas A&M University.
Science and Engineering Librarian