Finding Articles: Primary Databases
Primary article databases for Mechanical Engineering
- Academic Search Complete from Ebsco is a general database covering all fields. ASC is a good place to start for most projects and is especially good for interdisciplinary topics, like the social aspects of technology.
- Google Scholar. Proxied link for TAMU access.
- Scopus. Multidisciplinary science database.
- Web of Science covers journals in the sciences and engineering, mostly in English.
- Mechanical & Transportation Engineering Abstracts (CSA).
- CSA Technology Research Database covers all fields of engineering.
- Compendex covers for engineering of all types. It has the best coverage of the conference literature.
Specialized and Related Databases
The list below includes specialized databases for specific fields of mechanical engineering.
e-Journal Platforms in Mechanical Engineering
Use these when you want a particular known article or journal. If you are looking for articles on a particular topic, you should start with one of the databases on the "Finding Articles" page. To see if we have a journal that is not listed here electronically, use the search box at the left.
Science and Engineering Librarian