Finding Images in Print
Many of the highest-quality images are found only in print sources - but you don't have to thumb through hundreds of books yourself! Try an index, electronic or print. See Searching the Catalog for Illustrations.
Search Google Images
Welcome! The purpose of this guide is to collect, organize, and describe recommended resources for finding and processing images and animations that can be used by TAMU faculty and students for noncommercial educational purposes, such as in classroom lectures and presentations, Web-based courseware, research, and personal scholarship.
Fair Use Guidelines
- Noncommercial, educational use
- Typically one copy allowed for classroom or personal use, BUT, may also require specific permission or licensing, even under Fair Use
- Read and follow specific licensing rules and permissions of each image and/or image collection
- Restrict access on course web pages using copyrighted images to TAMU-registered students only
- Proper attribution of source (see Citing Images)
- More info available at "So you want to use a copyrighted work...?"
Creating an A-Z Listing of Image Databases
General Image Resources
Major Image Resources by Subject